The Dawn of Truth
Character Flaw Chart
On an odd number, go to Chart 1 and roll 1d20.
On an even number, go to Chart 2 and roll 1d20.
- Compulsively hoards junk looted from enemies or found in dungeons.
- Misplaces things.
- Totally colorblind.
- Thinks he is very good at something but is not.
- Shaky hands.
- Hums a specific tune when nervous.
- Cannot function without your ‘lucky charm’ from the Trinkets Table (PHB 160-161).
- Has a family member you must send X amount of money to each month.
- Has a blackmailer you must send X amount of money to each month.
- Has an imaginary friend.
- “I feel the need to explain things in great detail to everyone, no matter how much they say they know what I’m talking about.”
- “Blood just really freaks me out, you know?”
- “I will often cause trouble because I get bored easily”.
- You constantly repeat yourself.
- You rarely bathe.
- You have complete faith for one of your companions (roll to determine).
- You have complete faith in a specific class (roll to determine).
- You have complete faith in a specific race (roll to determine).
- You have complete faith in a specific organization (ask the DM).
- You have absolutely no sense of how to use sarcasm or metaphorical speech.
- You talk to inanimate objects flawlessly, but stutter in front of people.
- You are a compulsive gambler and can’t refuse a wager.
- You find it hilarious when one of your companions gets angry.
- You have an addiction (work with DM).
- You wish you were born a different race (work with DM).
- You have a very strange superstition (see Superstition Chart).
- You despise every race other than your own.
- You like to waste money.
- You are terrible with money.
- You absolutely refuse to trust one of your party members (roll to determine).
- You feel sorry for everyone.
- You hate loud and bright places.
- You find it almost impossible to seek help for any reason.
- You have a trinket that you would KILL to keep (PHB 160-161).
- I always want to please everyone and always compromise.
- Your vocabulary is somewhat limited.
- You frequently misunderstand what people say.
- I tell it like it is, always tell the truth, and never hold my tongue.
- You feel immediate remorse after every kill.
- You can never find the word that you are looking for.